The UALR-Guest WiFi is designed for guests (not faculty, staff, students, short term teaching faculty, etc). This is designed for people like parents of students on campus just for the day.
Step to get on the UALR-Guest WiFi:
1. Individuals who wish to use guest wireless access will need to join the wireless SSID UALR-Guest.
2. Guest users will need to have a cell phone so that they can receive their login password via SMS. The login name will be the email address used to register, and the password will be a 6 digit number.
3. Guest accounts last for 24 hours, after which they expire. Users can re-register if they need service the following day. There is an option for a user to request a sponsored guest account that will last longer than 24 hours. Simply inform the user in advance to select the option for a sponsored account, and they will need to provide your (the sponsors) email address. The sponsor would be faculty or staff at UA Little Rock. The named sponsor can then authorize the guest for a longer stay.
4. Some devices will automatically bring up the proper mini-browser screen that will allow the guest to self register. Other devices will need to have the user launch a browser and then try to browse to a non-https site, like cnn.com or foxnews.com, to make the redirect occur.
5. Guests may have to re-log in with their guest credentials if they roam about campus after logging in. They won't need to re-register as long as the account is still active. Look at the top of the web portal and click the link for *Already have a guest account?* and reuse the credentials that were presented earlier that day.